Singapore on Instagram

My 2015 began with a week in Singapore. I'm still sorting out the photos I took there, but the pictures I shared on my Instagram kind of sum up my trip. So I thought I'd start by sharing some of them here - all taken from my phone.

This is Sir Stamford Raffles, the founder of modern Singapore. And behind him, the city he created.
Sir Stamford Raffles
This is the Singapore river, with the Cavenagh bridge running across it. That beauty in the background is the historic Fullerton Hotel. It used to be Singapore's General Post Office!
Singapore River
A bunch of colorful tropical fruit juices in a market. I was outdoors all the time and walking a lot, so I was always ready for something sweet and hydrating. 
Check out this Honey Dew Sago. It has slices of honeydew melon with sweet cold coconut milk and colorful sabu dana on top. You can get the same thing with other tropical fruits too. It's pretty filling, so I had it for lunch one day. I *think* this is vegan and it's very very yummy.
Honeydew Sago
This frothy milky tea is called teh tarik in Singapore
Teh Tarik
Roti Prata - a Singaporean Indian dish. Sort of like the Kerala parathas we get here in India. SO DELICIOUS! 
Roti Prata
Ice Blended Milk Tea. After the first sip, I thought EWW. After the second sip I was like HMMMM. And after the third, YUM! This was at a cute little place in Chinatown called Nanyang Old Coffee. 
Nanyang Old Coffee
Beautiful restored houses on Emerald Hill Road. If you've been to Singapore, you've probably shopped at Orchard Road. This lane is just off Orchard Road - and it's another world altogether.
Emerald Hill Road
Emerald Hill Road
Emerald Hill Road
The beautiful Abdul Gafoor Mosque in Little India:
Abdul Gafoor Mosque
The beautiful architecture of the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum in Chinatown
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum
Chinatown has many calligraphers who'll paint your name, dry it and frame it for you in just 5 minutes. It's fun!
Chinatown
The Singapore Flyer is SO. MUCH. FUN. Check out the famous Marina Bay Sands hotel on the left, seen from the top of the flyer.
Singapore Flyer
This is the Helix Bridge leading to Marina Bay Sands.
Helix Bridge and Marina Bay Sands
I think that's it for now, but do watch this space - I've got tons more to share.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,