The morning after Cyclone Nilam

Cyclone Nilam
 I was happy to be in Chennai (I don't say this often :P) when Cyclone Nilam came - since I'm from landlocked Hyderabad, I haven't seen many cyclones in my life, and I really enjoyed the experience. I hope I'm not being insensitive - I know that cyclones are disastrous for so many people and I'm grateful that I was able to watch from the safety of my home. This morning, Ashwin and I went out to see the aftermath, and here are some pictures I took. 
Cyclone Nilam Aftermath
Down the street
Cyclone Nilam Aftermath
One of the streets we saw was fully strewn with fallen leaves, like a green carpet 
Cyclone Nilam Aftermath
Colors Colors Colors
We also went to the beach to try and catch a glimpse of the ship that ran aground. It was quite far away so I just took a picture from where I was, and cropped it heavily:
Cyclone Nilam
The poor ship in the distance :(
Cyclone Nilam
This little girl skipped into my frame as I was trying to shoot a suitcase that had been washed ashore

Labels: , , , , , , , ,