Jaipur

I just got back from a holiday to Delhi and Jaipur with my family. 
It was fantastic, all I did was shop and take pictures! And eat, of course!
This post is going to be about Jaipur. Here's what I loved in the Pink City :) 

The Hawa Mahal, of course :) It was built with all these window-like structures so that the queens could catch a view of what was happening outside on the streets.
Elephants!
The beautiful City Palace: And this is the Amer Fort. Many scenes in Jodha Akbar were shot here:
Chai at dirty roadside dhabas :) The Jantar Mantar. I particularly liked the Rashivalayas - 12 observatories, one for each sun sign. Here's the painting on the Gemini observatory (I'm a Gemini ;-)):
Ethnic footwear in camel leather:
Bandhni (Tie and Dye)
Gem cutting and polishing:
Block printing:
The difficult part about such trips is getting back to the grind when it's over!

Labels: , , , , , , ,